When you record a Motion Capture, we automatically synchronize the video and the motion data. However, there are technological limitations that prevent this from being perfect.
For the best experience with the Motion Analysis tool, it’s important the video be perfectly aligned with the motion data from the unit. This is where the nudge graph functionality comes in. Nudge graph aligns the video to the motion data so that every frame of the video reflects the correct data points, and vice versa.
How to align video to the motion data
- As soon as the video starts recording, just before swimming, tap the unit twice. This creates a clear spike in the data, which can then be used to align the video
- Once the motion analysis session is available for review on the tablet, do this:
- Play the video until right before the tap on the unit, pause there. To find the exact spot, slow down the video playback speed, or step through the video frame by frame using the <| |> buttons
- Once you’ve got to the right video frame, click the snap button ->|<-
- Find the peak of that first spike in the graph below, and tap there to set the cursor at that location on the graph. If it’s tough to see, you can always pinch the graph to zoom in a bit
3. If you don’t quite hit the mark on the first try, no sweat, just click the snap icon and repeat, till you get it right.
4. You can also manually adjust by using the + or - buttons beside Nudge Graph
The video will now be perfectly aligned and ready for analysis!